Sunday, January 3, 2010

Interesting times

Yesterday was amazing. We got news that two different friends that had been wanting to have a baby just found out they are expecting. I got to see an old and dear friend who is happier than I have seen her in years. I saw my next to oldest dd (henceforth known on the blog as Princess) off headed back home and back to work in a job she loves.

I'm still trying to get menus made, but maybe I'm not supposed to. At lunch today, I went in and looked at my pantry and started pulling things out and combining them together. We ended up eating a fairly tasty pasta dish that had broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and squash mixed with whole wheat penne in a rich tomato sauce. It was served with brown and serve rolls dipped in garlic butter. Tonight I'm making chicken pot pies for my oldest dd (aka Spitfire) who will be heading home in a couple of days. Pretty soon it will be down to the usual crowd here at home. Still up to date on my daily readings, but not making much progress on the regular reading list.

No comments: