Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Next Seven Weeks

There are seven weeks left in the 10-week challenge. Here's what I'm doing with that time. Since this coincides with Lent, I'm going above and beyond.

My writing is going by the wayside right now, because there are too many other things going on. I just gained access to my mother's stuff (4 large storerooms full) and will be quite busy going through all that.

In addition, I'm doing major stuff to the house. In addition to the little jobs in Home Sanctuary, I'm also joining in on Project: Simplify. We are also re-purposing some of the rooms in the house. Between the massive decluttering, cleaning, rearranging, and addition of new-to-me stuff from my mom's storerooms, the house should look quite different by the end.

I'll be continuing with my efforts to finish the bible by Easter as well as several books I have to read.

To enable all this activity, I'm having to lay some stuff down. Here's where the rubber meets the road:

1. I'm giving up Family Feud and CityVille on Facebook. My older kids got me started on both of these (thanks a lot, guys!). Both are lots of fun and, especially in the case of CityVille, huge time suckers.

2. I'm also limiting my time on Facebook in general. I'll be popping on to do birthday greeting and I'm still going to be posting updates on the church FB page, but other than that, my interaction with FB will be limited.

3. I'm limiting my computer time. I will still be getting on each day to do certain things, but I'm cutting way back on fantasy shopping, general browsing, wandering through new blogs, etc.

4. I'm going on hiatus from this blog. I'll still have the book blog up and running because I have reviews scheduled, but I'm setting this one aside for right now.

5. I'm dropping several TV shows. I like watching TV, but a couple of shows I have a love-hate relationship with. I like the characters, but not the gore or darkness or whatever. Setting aside some of these shows will open up reading time and wean me off of them once and for all, so I'm going for it. I'm keeping Jeopardy! because it's fun and educational. I'm keeping 3 other shows for entertainment value and I'm still going to watch DVD's with the family as well.

Well, I think that's about it for now. If I think of anything else, I'll add it in. I'll be around until Wednesday to enjoy your comments. I will be back online around Easter, hopefully with pictures and tales of tremendous progress. Are you doing anything special for Lent, Easter or just Spring in general? How are you doing on the Reboot Camp?

No comments: