Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A New Challenge--Declutter!

The more I do in this house, the more obvious it becomes that we simply have too much stuff. If it was all high-quality, useful or beautiful or both, or had significant sentimental value, I could live with that. However, I'm finding that is far from reality. In light of this discovery, and inspired by this, I've decided to challenge myself to eliminate 500 items by the end of this year.

Obviously, normal everyday trash doesn't count. But clothes that don't fit anyone, school stuff we no longer need or want, books no one wants to read and the worn-out, used-up, stained, ripped, broken and just-plain-ugly are all fair game.

Anyone up for some radical decluttering?

1 comment:

SpitFire said...

Yay!!!! I'm up for Thursday-night-get-all-the-empty-boxes-and-packing-paper-out-to-the-road-for-trash-pickup time also! :D