Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Quirky Quote (and a personal note)

"I do think New Year's resolution can't technically be expected to begin on New Year's Day, don't you? Since, because it's an extension of the New Year's Eve, smokers are already on a smoking roll and cannot be expected to stop abruptly on the stroke of midnight with so much nicotine in the system. Also dieting on New Year's Day isn't a good idea as you can't eat rationally but really need to be free to consume whatever is necessary, moment by moment, in order to ease your hangover. I think it would be much more sensible if resolutions began generally on January the second."

--Helen Fielding

*note: While I don't have to deal with the nicotine and hangover, I always start resolutions on the 2nd. The first is my anniversary, and there's no way I'm not celebrating! Today was our 30th anniversary!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the quote. And yeah I barely did anything for goals yesterday. I started one of the reading challenge books, and that's about it.

Joy Weese Moll said...

Hope it was a happy anniversary!

I pretty much let Christmas / New Year go to Twelfth Night (January 6) -- although I spend some of that planning for the new year. It's not all celebration!